Skip to main content

Do What You Love vs Love What You Do#

Assalam and hi all!

So I was listening to the IKIM radio while cleaning my house (FYI,  I went back to my hometown this week & d house is so messy 😂).

So just wan to share a bit bout the session - It's about an academicians Dr. Midhat Nabil Ahmad Salimi, a boy who not scoring well in UPSR, PMR & SPM but have a very deep interest in science stream. Although d result is not good, he knew what he truly like and so he stick to it. Faced with numerous failure, the worst when he became demotivated and fail the foundation level. Result was sent straightly to his parents and yes, they were really disappointed.
This is the turn point for him.

He felt disappointed with himself too. A miracle happened when the university suddenly call him back, offering him a chance to study again and he promise himself to change - for the parent, family and for himself. He want to make them proud. He change his study method, from passive student to active one, keep asking questions to the lecturer and voice out the part that he's weak at.

Yes, he's succeed. And currently lecturing at UniMap (Universiti Malaysia Perlis) with title of Professor Madya.

Why I share this?

Cos I knew how it feels like to face failure...and I wish I'm brave enough to stand with my principle, to choose what I like, what I truly passionate about rather than following what others told me to do.

FYI, I'm a science stream student, not the brilliant one but yes, I really love science subject especially biology and chemistry (FYI, I did not score for biology only in SPM, the rest is..u guess it on ur own). But due to some family circumstances, yes, due to family business I ended up taking accounting course.

Seriously, sometimes i argue is the choice of changing from science to accounting in matriculation - the right choice for me?

But due to that time, my big  family financial situation is not that good, it became my source of motivation to do well no matter how hard it is. From someone who zero in accounting, don't know anything about Debit Credit, at the end of matriculation manage to finish with high pointer (well almost all of my matriculation mate score well that time 😊 so its nothing to brag about).
But when I jump into university life..the course getting harder and at some point I lost motivation and just neglect it..Instead of blaming myself, I tried to shift the blame to those who forcing me to take the course..

I blame them for changing my life direction, yes, this is human..when they face hard situation, they try to shift the blame..

But I still manage to grad..it's just my pointer is not pretty..and I loose the chance of getting internship or working with Big 4 audit firm..

I move on to the working phase. I went into public practice sector, doing audit accounting and tax. The more experience I get, makes me feel excited and challenging. So day by day, I start to love this path of mine. I'm no more blame others.

But if I am going to give advice to others, especially the younger generation- those just finish their SPM, PLEASE do what you love or LOVE WHAT YOU DO.
Yes, I admit it's much easier to say than doing. But if u do something u re not passionate about, the end result would be nothing. If u study, maybe u won't study well. If u working, maybe u tend to just following what others do instead of knowing why its being done that way.

Of course on the journey there will be lots of obstacles, especially when u r working, there're  so many things - crazy mad senior, problems with colleague, teamwork issue, misunderstanding, unfairness, biased, taking advantage, ethical issues and so on; it's hard to deal with at first but believe me it's worth to face all of it - it makes u more matured.

I'm yet to succeed. My journey is slower than others. But I make sure I'm progressing from time to time. Everyone have their own journey, own path, own story. I just hope people will understand my situation. But if they don't,  it's beyond my power and I'll just be me and keep moving.


A very long 'bebelan' from a 27th years old girl who looks so much younger than her age due to her small body,

Izzah Nur Fatimah
🤓

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kisah 3 Abdul

Wauzes,,,,1 perkataan yg aku amat  gemari ^^ Hari nie setelah menghabiskan separuh hariku <9pg-4.30ptg> di Perpustakaan Sultanah Bahiyah, akhirnya aku buat keputusan untuk makan. Destinasi pilihan? semestinya cafetaria DPP SME Bank ,milik mak ngah & pak ngah! huhu ("~) Erm,belek punya belek menu yg terpampang atas meja order, last2 aku pilih "Maggi Sup", baik punya! hehe... Alhamdulillah,makanan yang diorder sekejap je dah siap,,Sayang lebih pada tukang masak tu! Terbaik di situ (^_^) Nak dijadikan kisah, masa tgh syok makan tu tengok2 lah TV kat depan dewan tu. Wah,pak ngah pasang cerita "3 Abdul" lah ,bestnyer. Nie kena tengok jap nie!Hahahaa.. Rasa seronok bile tgk cerita lakonan Allahyarham P.Ramlee. Tak kisah lah cerita apa pun,jalan cerita macam mana pun, semuanya pasti menyeronokkan dan sesuai untuk semua lapisan umur,dan paling penting pasti terselit pengajaran. Bahasa orang dahulu yg puitis,sopan dan penuh penghayatan, membuatkan perasaan  pe

Lirik lagu : Air Mata Keinsafan..

Air mata keinsafan Yang mengalir di malam sepi Inilah dia pelembut jiwa Bagi mendapat kasih Ilahi Rintihan di pertiga malam Dari seorang hamba yang dhoif Kerna mengenang segala dosa Moga mendapat keampunan dari Ilahi Setiap kekasih Allah Menempuhi jalan ini Untuk mereka memiliki kejayaan Ayuh bersama kita susuli Perjalanan kekasih Allah Agar kita tiada rugi Dalam meniti hidup ini Deraian air mata ini Titisan yang paling berharga Buat menyimbah api neraka Moga selamat di titian Sirat Bahagia menuju syurga abadi Lagu : The Zikr Lirik : Nazrey Johani Hakcipta : OVA Productions

My Boss My Hero - Japan Yakuza (^_*)

My Boss My Hero.... "My Boss My Hero mengisahkan tentang seorang calon pewaris salah satu geng Yakuza di Kantou bernama Sakaki Makio. Dek kerana kebodohannya,dia telah merosakkan 1 transaksi bernilai puluhan juta dolar, lalu dia diminta ayahnya untuk masuk high school agar dia mampu mengurangi kebodohannya sedikit (^-^) . Makio terpaksa mematuhi ayahnya karena ia terancam dari dilucutkan sebagai calon pewaris geng Yakuza generasi ke-3 jika dia tidak mampu graduate . Ternyata di sekolah Makio tidak hanya mempelajari matapelajaran akademik shj. Makio juga belajar soal kehidupan, cinta, dan persahabatan. Untuk pertama kalinya Makio mendapatkan teman-teman sejati, jatuh cinta, dan berbahagi suka-duka bersama-sama teman sekelas. Tetapi di luar kegembiraan itu, Makio juga harus ingat pada tujuan utamanya masuk high school, iaitu bergelar diploma kelulusan. Pastinya ianya adalah sesuatu yg sangat sulit apabila mengenangkan